Sunday, October 02, 2016

Exhibit: Dance, Flowers, Life

 Alexandra Leventhal

This is the second iteration of Alexandra Leventhal's tribute to the Drawing Workshop, an institution in the world of Chicago figurative art for over forty years.

Under the guidance of George Sotos, it presented a unique focus on the human skeleton as the foundational structure of figure drawing.

I would call this approach bone-headed, in more ways than one -- but that's just one of my many worthless opinions.

Look at the work in this show and judge for yourself.

Alexandra's mournful bust, shown above, was my favorite piece in the show.

..except for the photographs by Richard Younker:



As noted in my last post -- I am not much interested in photography except for documentary purposes.

But I can't keep my eyes of these little slices of life.







 
 Andrea Bacalini

Alexandra also included a few  Italian artists whom she knows.

Definitely a different artworld from ours.














0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home