Sunday, January 07, 2007

Gold Medal Show: 2007

Comments are invited !

(this is a competitive exhibit, after all)

Susan Hong-Sammons

Val Yachik

Wesley Drake

Michael VanZeyl (Gold Medal Winner)

Virginia Nepsha

Pablo Deleon

Stephan Giannini

Nancie King Mertz

Jane Ellen Murray

Stacey Street

Larry Paulsen

Kamlien Tran

Marci Oleszkiewicz (Second Place and People's Choice Award)

Laurence Lignel

Kathleen Newman

Jim Kujaca

Judith McCabe Renner

Jack Bair

Stuart Fullerton

Donna Gerdy

Dan Kolleng

CLJ Lancaster

Diane Hynes (3rd Place Award)

Diane Rath

Dominic Vignola

Brian Minder

Bill Gram

Christina Body

Chris Miller

Clayton J. Beck III

Al Hurby

Audrey Cramblitt

Al Summers

Arlene Lekan

Barb Lockhardt

3 Comments:

Blogger chris miller said...

Listening to the little voices within, my pick is Marci Oleszkiewicz.

Sometimes those voices say "I'm nodding off" -- or -- "If only he would have...." --- or --- "why did pick that one ?!!??"

But concerning Marci's painting, the little voices just said "Wow"
...........................

And BTW -- as I'm sure the rest of you have noticed -- the P&C exhibition rooms have preferred spaces (opposite the main entrance to the main gallery -- and above both fireplaces) -- and it's pretty obvious, at least to me, that whoever hangs our show our shows never selects paintings for these choice areas on an arbitrary basis.

Which is fine with me -- I want the show to look the best that it can.

But since competitions should be as fair as possible -- at least I wish that the person who hangs the show would post a brief explanation for why they preferred the specific paintings that they did.

January 07, 2007  
Blogger Cobalt Blue said...

I walked through the gallery today. There are three pieces in this show without frames. That just seems cheesy and wrong.

Or am I being a stick in the mud?

I don't think so.

January 07, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

That, Stuart, I did not notice. But, my votes did go to ones with frames all the same.

January 07, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home