Monday, December 04, 2006

Palette and Chisel At Madron LLC





Madron LLC recently opened a gallery of American painting in the upscaled southwest corner of the Lincoln Park neighborhood ( I used to live nearby -- back in its downscale days) -- and two P&C painters were hanging on the walls when I went:

Richard Schmid (shown above) -- and Wilson Irvine (shown below)




It's a nice space (conveniently located above a health food supermarket) - and, like R.H. Love gallery, seems to be specializing in early 20th C. non-modernist American painting -- so I'm sure many more P&C painters will eventually be found there.


(some other paintings seen at that show can be found here )

3 Comments:

Blogger Cobalt Blue said...

Is this the place near Whole Foods? I seem to remember hearing about this place, maybe from you or from someone else. I'll have to remember to go by there--it's just that I'm so not a Whole Foods shopper, if you know what I mean.

December 04, 2006  
Blogger chris miller said...

Yes -- Whole Foods is downstairs -- and BTW -- they make some killer chocolate cookies !

December 04, 2006  
Blogger Cobalt Blue said...

Chris, please provide a link to the gallery in the post. Thanks.

December 06, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home