Monday, July 05, 2010

Sackett Hope Verrall



Here's a painting
by Sackett Hope Verrall
who was listed
as an
"Associate Member"
of the Palette and Chisel
back when we had our
20th Anniversary exhibition
at the Art Institute of Chicago.


Associate membership,
at that time,
included both
professional artists like Carl Werntz
and art patrons like Martin Ryerson.

Many thanks to Sandi,
the art collector,
who just sent us this image.


Regretfully,
there is nothing else
about this artist on the internet,
so I suspect he was not a professional artist.

But he was very good,
wasn't he?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Sandi said...

I did find this information on the internet, when searching google for Sackett Hope Verrall-I believe she was from Europe. This found in baptisms at St John's Baptist church in Frome :1664 03 Dec 1865 31 Oct 1879 Sackett Hope Henry Earl & Ana VERRALL The College Schoolmaster

July 05, 2010  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sackett Hope Verrall was my great-grandfather. I had no idea he had an artistic bent. Can anyone tell me where this painting currently is and are there any other paintings, etc. of his?

Thank you.

April 09, 2018  

Post a Comment

<< Home