Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Open House Exhibition






Andrew Conklin


 
"Lake View" is the dominant theme of this year's Open House exhibition.







 
I love this one - possibly inspired by the large Magritte show at the A.I.C.
 
It's wonderfully painted.





Penny Feuerstein



 
A more conventional view 
 
 I often  bicycle along this stretch on my way to the club






Delicious areas of detail






Phyllis Brodny

 
Photographs are only allowed on the blog
when they look like paintings.
 
Phyllis specializes in taking shots from her windows,
so she has plenty of time to wait for unusual moments.

 








Helen Oh


Lake Michigan minimalism,
which reminds me of  this early Kandinsky
that showed in Milwaukee earlier this year:





Wassily Kandinky, "Tunis, the Bay", 1905

 
Obviously, Lake Michigan is more subtle and refined.








Helen Oh







Errol Jacobson


Errol's street scenes seem to be a "ghost's eye view"
 
And it won't be long before I'll be haunting them myself.





James Burrell
"Lorte Garden"


Urbs in Horto -- or vice-versa






Leonid Osseny







 









 







 






 



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home