Sunday, August 25, 2013

Jim Hajicek at Century Guild Gallery




I was visiting Century Guild Gallery (2136 W. North) to see a show that wasn't there, when, much to my surprise, I found a wall covered by the paintings of Jim Hajicek.








 Century Guild is devoted to the aesthetic of the  Viennese Secession and the modern decorative arts of that time and place.

But it also shows contemporary Chicago figure painters who are somewhat related.

I didn't really see much connection with Jim's work until I noticed the severed head held by the above reclining nude.










 There's nothing weird or creepy about this babe







But this sultry young lady seems to have been busy recently with her pipe wrench - possibly on the cranium of a sexually abusive employer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home