Sunday, February 26, 2012

Faculty Show: 2012




Bo Zhang

As the memorial
in one corner of this exhibit
reminds us,
several of our most popular teachers
are no longer with us.

But incredibly enough,
this is the most exciting
faculty exhibit that I can remember.




Bo Zhang

I doubt that even the sitters themseles
could be any more present in the room
than Bo's depictions
of their poignant selves


(photo by Del Hall)



Errol Jacobson

And Errol's city views
continue to amaze me.

He is so committed to living inside his pictorial worlds, I fear that one day he will step into one of the taxicabs he's painted, drive off, and never return











(photo by Del Hall)



Michael Van Zeyl

This is not my favorite painting,
and I don't really want to meet this girl,
but I badly want to know
what she's up to.




There is something so personal
about this painting.

You can cut its sadness with a knife.

(note: Mary removed it on Sunday,
saying that the face was not finished)


It's exciting to see Helen
step back a little bit
from the sea shells she loves to paint.








Clayton J. Beck III



Audrey Cramblitt


(photo by Del Hall)





Don Yang







James Hajicek




David Leffel
(portrait of Val Yachik)



Marci Oleskiewicz






(photo by Del Hall)




Tim Rees




William Schneider



Ed Wentz








0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home