Monday, May 24, 2010

Juan Jr. Ramirez on Ebay




He only just joined the P&C last last year,
and I can't recall
seeing his work
in any P&C exhibits,
but here's a nice painting
that Juan Jr. is now selling on Ebay













There are some nice paintings
on his website as well,
where he tells us:



I began painting in oils when I was eighteen years old. I went to the School of the Art Institute of Chicago for a year and half. I realized that what I wanted to learn was not emphasized as much as postmodern art and politics. So I bought art books and instructional DVDs about classical painting artists and techniques. I taught myself to paint. My first models were my family. So in my tiny bedroom I doodled to a beat while Chicago gangs shot it out in the street.









And,
he's compiled
some notes about
the techniques
of John Singer Sargent
which are being sold
here












0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home