Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Samuel Stoltz




Samuel Stoltz was a member of the Palette and Chisel
back in the first decade of the last century
- and that's about all we know about him.

Except that, as pictured above,
he sometimes painted hands with six fingers
and he volunteered to help refurbish the new club rooms
at the Athenaeum Building.









And he also, apparently, had a career as an illustrator
for magazines or newspapers.


His niece, however, has recently contacted ThisOldPalette
-- and we are hoping that more information will be forthcoming.


2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Chris
I have quite a bit of information on Sam and several pictures. I also have some examples of his work. As soon as I can get it all together, I will send it along. I am however not very computer savy so bear with me.

May 07, 2008  
Blogger chris miller said...

Thankyou very much -- we're looking forward to it!

May 08, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home