Sunday, May 12, 2019

Exhibition : Stacey Street and Donna West







Donna West

This large,  dramatic floral has a hint of danger.

 - almost as if the flowers were carnivorous 
and  reaching out into the galley to grab you.

I like it.



Stacey Street



All the other paintings shown on this page  are by Stacey Street
 - one of my favorite Palette and Chisel artists.









In addition to being quite talented at  arranging things.....

her pieces feel true to her life -- rather than to any 
antiquated or provocative or popular
notion of what paintings
should or should not do.

And she seems to be celebrating a healthy mind and ordinary life -
which does make her rather eccentric in the world of art.




























1 Comments:

Blogger Chloye Bailey Pogue said...

I love the way you've captured the personality of Stacey Street in your description of her as being "eccentric as far as artists are concerned" by having a healthy mind and ordinary life! I think her artwork is phenomenal and am so happy that she is getting the exposure her work deserves. I have watched her closely as she has progressed since her first drawing of an airplane when she was three years old. I am her Mom and not a bit prejudiced! Thanks for recognizing what I have known all her life.

Chloye Bailey Pogue

May 28, 2019  

Post a Comment

<< Home